Thursday, August 29, 2013

EMPTY NESTERS

Whenever I see a window in France decked out as this one is, I can't help but think that there are  anglo-saxon influences at play. Either renters or property owners. This sort of decoration is not typically French; nonetheless, it's sweet. If only the decorative birdhouses' openings were a bit bigger for avian ingress and egress. Photo taken on a street in Uzès.

Vocabulary
un nichoir:  a birdhouse, a nesting box
aviare:  avian
l'entrée:  ingress
la sortie:  egress
les parents esseulés:  empty nesters; parents who are left alone

©2013 P.B. Lecron

3 comments:

  1. very nice picture and nice post ...
    Thanks for sharing fabulous information. It' s my pleasure to read it.I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts. by PSY 201

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo. I am a great fan of windows and of photos taken from them or a capture of them as you have done here. In this particular, we saw this very gentle green colour on several occasions when we were in Pézenas in May of last year. It helps me to remember our beautiful holiday.

    ReplyDelete